DIS PDU Router provides hierarchical filtering for six levels. Filtering specifies which PDUs to accept when routing from the LAN to the WAN, automatically excluding unwanted PDUs. The DIS PDU Router filters for the following:
- Exercise ID: DIS PDU Router can only route PDUs matching the specified exercise IDs, with an option to route all exercise IDs.
- DIS family: DIS PDU Router can only route PDUs belonging to the specified DIS families, with an option to route for all families.
- Site/application: DIS PDU Router can only route PDUs from specified site/applications, with an option for all site/applications. Specify up to 64 site/applications.
- Entity range from datum: DIS PDU Router can only route PDUs (i.e., Entity State PDUs and any equipment associated with a platform) within a specified number of nautical miles from a specified datum point latitude and longitude. It can also accept entities regardless of range.
- Platform domain: DIS PDU Router can only route PDUs (i.e., Entity State PDUs and any equipment associated with a platform) that match the specified domain (i.e., land, air, surface, subsurface, space, and undefined domains up to 255). Users must separately enable each domain.
- Radio frequencies: DIS PDU Router only routes PDUs for transmitters operating within one of up to 32 specified frequency ranges, with an option to route all frequencies.
DIS PDU Router can also exclude any Radio Receiver PDUs, Intercom Control PDUs, or Signal PDUs.